Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jaymi of Fallen Angel Reviews gave Christmas Stranger a 5 Angel Review.

Here's an excerpt. Melinda and her friends are at the church Christmas party. Her friends are playing cupid.

Susanna frowned at her. "You ought to set your cap for some available farmer.
Melinda laughed. "Some available farmer?" What downright foolishness. "Available — my foot. All the single men are taken. Except for Abe and Howard, whom I don't want, and Zeke, whom I might as well not want."
"Abe's not so bad." Susanna whispered it, glancing again at her husband, who was now deep in conversation with some of the other men.
Melinda glared at her. "Oh, you know better than that."
Chloe and Susanna shared a look. "Howard, then. Maybe you should want Howard. We think you should go after him," Chloe said. "You seemed to get along so well together."
"That's not love, girls." Melinda rolled her eyes. 'That's friendship."
"It's a start. There's no such thing as love at first sight." Chloe's mouth was set in a so-there expression. "And anyway, you should have seen his eyes light up when he looked at you."

"You'd make a really nice couple." Susanna patted Melinda's arm.

"A nice trio, you mean." Melinda smiled at them.

1 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Diane Craver said...

Congrats on your review! If I ever make it and get my shopping done, I want to order your book. I know - I'm so far behind this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home