Monday, July 31, 2006

HEY, Y’ALL, IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN!

By Marion Kelley Bullock

ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) conference, September 20th – 24th, 2006.
This year, it’s at the Dallas-Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria.

What a glorious, fantastic, mind-boggling week (Thursday – Sunday), when fiction writers from around the world get together to learn, fellowship, meet agents and publishers, and shop our novels.

I attended in 2003, in Houston, and tried to get acquainted. In 2004, in Denver, I met my online critique buddies, attended workshops, and worked on finding an agent. By 2005, in Nashville, I had just acquired an agent. I pitched four novels and received invitations to submit two proposals.

Back home, I got to work, re-writing and submitting the requested novels to my agent. I also wrote two mystery proposals. and began a sequel to one of my novels.

Woo Hoo! That keeps me busy! And I love it.

I am called to write. If my novels are published, it will be God's will and in His own timing.

“My heart is stirred by a noble theme;

as I address my verses to the King;

my tongue is the pen of a ready writer” (Psalm 45:1).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home