Monday, January 30, 2006

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

By Marion Kelley Bullock

No, I don't really believe in love at first sight, but it has a neat ring to it. Actually, I believe love grows and grows and grows until it's full-blown and unbelievably beautiful. At least, that's what happened to me. When I first met Johnny, we knew we were interested in each other. We just didn't know how far that interest would carry us.

Well, it's carried us fifty-three years--today. And we're more in love now than ever. But that's not to say the road has always been smooth. There've been rocks along the way. We've stumbled and grumbled, but God has held us together.

My heart still leaps when he walks into a room. I feel a delicious thrill when he holds my hand or kisses me. He's my lover, my friend, my soul-mate, the father of my children. We want the best for each other.

I Corinthians 13:4-7 expresses it this way: "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." Amen.

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

Happy Anniversary and God bless you both!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Marion Kelley Bullock said...

My sweet hubby tried to post a comment on this blog, but wasn't allowed to since he doesn't have his own blog. So I'm posting his comment.

Marion:
When I saw you as a teen-ager, I thought you were the cutest thing I had ever seen. I thought at first you were too young for me, but when I asked your friends about you, I found there wasn't that much difference in our ages—so, OK—why not give it a try. And sure enough, you were willing to chance a date with me.
Well, that started something. After about three years of dreaming, you fulfilled my greatest dream and became my wife, my beloved. Fifty three years later you're still my favorite person in the world! I love you.
Johnny

Now if that isn't romantic, I don't know what is!
Marion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home